This is a very vague mock up of some of the fabric I’ve put together for my new piece:
I really like the fabric on the bottom, here’s a close-up: I’m tired of cutting out contact paper shapes, that’s for sure.
I experimented a bit with pleating some yardage and dyeing just one side, to get some vertical shapes: here’s the pleated fabric and the tub of water for the partial dye-bath:
And here’s the fabric actually in the dye bath:
This is a nice technique to use to get vertical stripes, and it’s something I learned from a book by Claire Benn and Leslie Morgan. I had to do this four different times with four different colors to get the vertical striped fabric you see in first photo above.
Soon I’ll be able to sew all the fabric together for the quilt top. Very exciting!